Preparing for the December Parliament of Religions
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Interfaith Chapel in the Presidio
- What do Chicago, Cape Town, and Barcelona have in common?
- How did a 19th century Hindu teacher change world religion?
- What happens when 10,000 people from different spiritual traditions converge in one place?
- To whom did the Australian government offer a collective apology?
- And what are we taking to Melbourne?!?
These questions and more will be explored at Taking It to Melbourne, a pre-Parliament of the World’s Religions event. We’ll have videoclips and pictures on a big screen along with personal stories of people who have journeyed to past Parliaments. And a special feature: presentations from those in our area who will be offering workshops at the Parliament in December.
Californians (and visitors from afar) who have proposed workshops for the Parliament in Melbourne: We invite you to be part of the program, taking two or three minutes to explain your workshop proposal and why it is important to you. Contact Paul Chaffee at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in presenting.
LIVE WEBCAST – If you can’t come to San Francisco, go to www.interfaith-presidio.org and click on the Video Center button to join the event, at 4:00 pm (PST) (No login required).
If you are coming in person, you’ll find a map and directions at the website.