This coming December 23, at 9:00 pm (ET/PT), CBS will broadcast In God’s Name, a film by Jules and Gedeon Naudet that includes interviews with twelve religious leaders from across the religious spectrum and around the world. The film takes us into the personal lives of these leaders and allows them to speak in their own words about faith, meaning, and hope. In their diverse perspectives and traditions, there is yet common ground for understanding and peace.
The religious leaders include:
- Alexy II, Patriarch of Moscow and head of the Russian Orthodox Church
- Amma (Sri Mata Amritanandamayi), a Hindu spiritual leader
- Pope Benedict XVI, head of the Roman Catholic Church
- The Dalai Lama (Tenzin Gyatso), spiritual leader of Tibetan Buddhists
- Grand Ayatollah Mohammed Hussein Fadlallah, a prominent Shiite Muslim leader
- Bishop Mark Hanson, Presiding Bishop of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and President of the Lutheran World Federation
- Michihisa Kitashirakawa, Jingu Daiguji (High Priest) of the Shinto Grand Ise Shrine
- Yona Metzger, Ashkenazi Chief Rabbi of Israel
- Dr. Frank Page, President of the Southern Baptist Convention
- Imam Muhammad Sayyed Tantawi, Grand Sheikh of Al-Azhar and a prominent Sunni Muslim leader
- Joginder Singh Vedanti, Jathedar Sri Akal Takht, the Sikhs’ highest authority
- Dr. Rowan Williams, Archbishop of Canterbury and head of the Church of England
This might well be TV worth watching!